Friday, February 26, 2010

Office Story

I wish to have some spiritual psychic power of Marie to know another woman's mind!

Now, I just want to bitch about a colleague. As a woman, I can't help but want to bitch about another lady. I guess this is our nature. Name won't be mentioned though.

A new lady colleague joined my team about 3 months ago. Work-wise, she is doing fine, just that could be rather careless, like breaking the office door handle when opening it. That's a classic! One funny thing about her is that I seldom see her eating anything. She told me she never takes breakfast nor lunch or keep saying the weather is very hot and she prefers to stay in the office to stay cool. I told her it won't be hot as we do drive to the nearby malls to have our lunch.

As a result, at most I will see her munching some bread crumbs during lunch time while squinting at her monitor. Fine, i guess, hence we do not invite her to lunch anymore.

Things change when a new senior sales guy joins the company just after the Chinese New Year. Now, she has started eating her lunch - with HIM! I did not know how it started. That day I bumped into them at the carpark while she was boarding his car, and she has that "look" in her face, the kind of look when the woman is in love. Apparently they are keeping it secretive but she was kind enough to invite me to join them, and of course I rejected.

It is with this impetus that she starts having to take her lunch meals and i sense her happiness when lunch hour approaches.

So, do you want to know what motivates her to go for her lunch?

That sales guy is driving a posh BMW car!